MelShake allows you to organize your favorites or bookmarks in a strictly confidential manner.
Your favorites are presented in the form of a tree in which you will be able to create links (the favorites), folders and sub-folders to organize your favorites. In a file named "travel", you organize the addresses of various online travel agencies that you visited.
To add a bookmark, enter :
- The full address of the link (http://www.melshake.com for example), by copying and pasting (CTRL + C then CTRL + V or again CTRL + Insert then SHIFT + Insert), from the address indicated by your navigator showing the page that you want to bookmark.
- Indicate a title and optionally a remark
Click on "Add" to insert it after the last selected bookmark or folder. If a folder is already selected and open, the bookmark will be inserted inside.
To add a folder (in which you will manage your bookmarks) :
- Do NOT INDICATE any address (Link)
- Enter the title and a commentary if necessary
As for the bookmarks, click on "Add".
The last selected bookmark or folder can be updated by clicking on "Modify".
The button "Erase" acts upon the selected elements (bookmarks and/or folders)
The button named "Click here to search for the title of the page corresponding to the URL” uses the server to search for the title of the page for which you indicated the link. Beware, when the site does not exist, belongs to the Intranet or is not anymore existing, the operation can take a long time.
You also can update your tree by using more classical buttons such as "Cut", “ Copy" and "Paste", after having selected the items with the mouse. You can use the SHIFT and CTRL keys for multi-selection.
Finally, the top buttons will allow you :
- To import bookmarks from a HTML file with the button "Import" : this command adds bookmarks imported from Internet explorer, Mozilla or Netscape, to those already existing
- To export your bookmarks in a HTML file use the button "Export". You will then be able to re-import them in your navigator
- To save the bookmark through the "Save bookmarks" buttons.
It is very important to note that you must save the bookmarks before leaving the window or you will loose all your modifications. You can also update your bookmarks off-line and connect to the Internet only when you want to save your changes (the title research will not work off-line).